2021 Pandemic Operations for SYNOD at St. Andrew’s – Mt. Pleasant
A state-of-the-art air purification and ionization system that kills most airborne pathogens, including the coronavirus, was installed in the Ministry Center and Ridley Hall as part of the new construction. That same system has been retrofitted into the existing buildings including the Historic Church.
- Seating in the Sanctuary is limited to 250 attendees.
- No one will be seated in the foyer.
- Rows of chairs are 6 feet apart
- Please maintain social distancing within the rows.
Masks and Sanitation Stations
- Masks are required in the building by all persons.
- Masks may be removed when addressing the Synod from the podium.
- Sanitation stands will be at the entrance to the Ministry Center.
- Volunteers/Staff handling items for distribution will wear gloves.
- Masks will be provided for those who arrive without them.
- Attendees will be handed a pre-filled individual sealed communion cup by gloved volunteers as they arrive.
- Everybody will partake of the wafer and the cup as directed by the Celebrant.
Exiting the Building
- To help eliminate congestion in the foyer, please exit via both the East and West Entrances.